Amish Kitchen Gallery’s Standards
Careful Wood Selection
We carefully hand select our wood from the finest selection of each wood species. All of our lumber is locally purchased and kiln dried. We grain match our drawer fronts from the same hand selected boards, which is a truly forgotten lost art of cabinet building.
Our cabinet boxes are crafted with a strict set of standards that ensure superior quality for all of our cabinetry. Our standards are the following:
- Face frames are hand glued and biscuited, adding strength and durability.
- No press board is used in any of our cabinetry.
- Unexposed sides are ¾” Domestic Plywood.
- All exposed sides are tongue and grooved panels attached to the cabinet.
- ½” backs on all of our cabinetry for a sturdy cabinet box.
- ¾” sides are tongue and grooved to the face frame while rabbet jointed to the ½” back of the cabinet (unless exposed sides, which would be paneled and tongue and grooved).
- 6″x6″ Triangle supports are placed on the top of the boxes in all four corners.
When you open your cabinetry, we expect you to find the same quality in the cabinet drawers as we place in your cabinet box.
- solid wood construction.
- ⅜” drawer bottoms and dado them to the drawer frame (as opposed to ¼” by our competitors).
- dovetailed drawers.
Slides & Hinges
At Amish Kitchen Gallery, we use nothing but the best for our cabinetry, as well as our cabinetry mechanisms. We use Grass undermount full extension soft close drawer slides by DynaPro Slide System for all of our cabinet drawers. They are an innovative technology that works for perfect movement of our cabinetry drawers. We also use Grass Tiomos hinges for all of our cabinetry doors to allow for a soft close and discreet look. See the links for more information on our drawer slides and hinges.
Our finishing process is the final touch before the cabinetry becomes complete. We value our finish on our products just as highly as we value their craftsmanship.
- We begin with the stain of your choice, then one coat of sanding sealer.
- The cabinets are then hand sanded and an application of top coat is applied.
- Hand sanded again to ensure a smooth finish, a second and final application of a top coat is applied to perfection.